Monday, November 23, 2015

Running the Las Vegas Strip at Night

A week or so ago, Mike and I flew down to Las Vegas to meet two of my friends and two lovely sisters for the Rock and Roll Half-Marathon. The race is run after sundown on the strip. They actually shut down the entire road so I could run among the glittering lights, gamblers, and strip clubs. Ok, it wasn't just for me, but it was really amazing watching 45,000 people assemble to run 10k, 13.1 miles or 26.2 miles together. There were live bands and DJs along the way to keep us pumped up. We ran, walked, jogged and tripped our way down the strip in our highlighter yellow Brooks tops.
Emily, Mike, Shelley and I stayed together through the whole thing. The last 4-5 miles were really tough. Mike had been sick and could barely train. He was hurting. However, he's an amazing man and finished the whole thing. The four of us crossed the finish line together holding hands. Jessica and Sylvia were just a few minutes behind, nursing their own injuries. My family is freaking amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment