Thursday, November 5, 2015

Fun Things to do in San Diego

My job sent me to San Diego for a two week training class. It was definitely a work trip, but the sunshine and opportunity to see some of my favorites made it a great visit. Here are a few of the fun things to do in San Diego.

1. Go jogging. I'm training for the Rock and Roll Half Marathon in Las Vegas next weekend (EEEP!!!!) so I did a few training runs. I ran both Shelter Island and Harbor Island. Both were 6 miles round trip. I know, I should have combined them, but I made poor footwear choices and my calves were angry.


2. Eat fish tacos! I walked 2.5 miles each way to have Rubio's and met Ryan and Andrew twice for Taco Thursday in Ocean Beach. Mmm tacos! Also, make a stupid face so you have a picture like this to post. At least my pretty friends make up for me.


3. Go to the beach. Mom drove down to visit with me and we stopped at the beach to put our toes in the cold water, just because.


4. Bet on the horses at the Del Mar racetrack. Mom took me to the races because I'd never been. My friend Caleb drove all the way from LA to hang out with us. Mom has some freakish luck betting on the underdog. She won three of four of her bets.


5. Visit Balboa Park at night. There is a giant organ and a live organist was playing along with the silent film The Phantom of the Opera. Cool! Don't judge my crooked picture. I wasn't drunk, just lopsided. That's better, right? Right?



6. Go out for brunch with someone who makes you smile. This lady is my favorite. Fig Tree Café is so yummy!


7. Explore the Ocean Beach Night Market. Every week Ocean Beach closes one of its main streets to host a night Market every Wednesday. Mitch took me. We had a grand old time.


8. Indulge in drinks and seafood in the Gaslamp District. My sister, Emily's boyfriend James was in town for a conference. The Hard Rock Hotel Rooftop Bar makes an excellent backdrop for great conversation. Their drinks are good, but extremely overpriced.

9. Sulk a little bit because you miss your sweetheart. Really, it was a great trip, but I miss my guy, like a lot. Oh, and my cat. I'm THAT person.

No comments:

Post a Comment